Application Browser problem?

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Fri Jan 2 23:24:35 EST 2009

I'm helping my 12-year-old daughter learn to program with RunRev, and
I couldn't really figure this one out:

Could someone point me to a reference on how to move cards reliably
between stacks in the Application Browser?
I find I can't predict exactly how it will work, between "selecting"
the card in the A.B. using the contextual menu (right-click), pressing
COMMAND-C to copy (or menu Edit-->Copy Card), and then choosing a
stack in which to paste the clipboard-held card.  (It seems that the
Edit menu then offers "Paste Objects", rather than "Paste Card" as one
might expect.)  At this point,
it seems that unless I either double-click on the destination stack in
the A.B., or click in the destination stack's window, it is NOT
selected for the paste function, **even though** I might highlight the
desired destination stack by single-clicking it in the A.B..

So, I can be in a position of having a card on the clipboard, ready
for pasting, and I highlight a card of the destination stack (all of
it's current objects are displayed), and yet, since I have not
actually **definitively** selected my destination stack, if I paste my
card it will be pasted back into the source stack.

Sorry if this is detailed in the help files, and I'm just missing it.

Also: It seems there might be a refresh problem where a newly pasted
card shows up in the stack window while the A.B. still shows the "pre-
paste" card highlighted and no pasted card?  (After collapsing the
destination stack in the A.B. and re-displaying it, it shows up
correctly with the newly-pasted card.)

Thanks, Kurt

Rev 3.0.0, Build 750,  Mac OX 10.5.6