conditional formatting, how to do it

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Fri Jan 2 12:27:15 EST 2009

Peter, in the "repeat for each" structure, the loop variable -
"theLine" - is just that, a variable, so when you try to format it,
nothing happens to the line in the field of which it's a copy (and
you get an error, because you can't format text in a variable this
way, and in any case, you shouldn't try to modify the loop variable
in a 'repeat for').

Eric's approach will work,:

set the itemDelimiter to " "
repeat for each line theLine in field "test" of stack "Calendar"
   add 1 to tLineNumber
   if item 1 of theLine is "Sunday" then
     set the textStyle of line tLineNumber of fld "test" of stack
"Calendar" to "bold"
   end if
end repeat

you could also use htmlText:

set the itemDelimiter to " "
repeat for each line theLine in field "test" of stack "Calendar"
   add 1 to tLineNumber
   if item 1 of theLine is "Sunday" then
   else
     put "<p>" & theLine & "</p>" after tHtmlText
   end if
end repeat

set the htmlText of fld "test" of stack "Calendar" to tHtmlText

Best,

Mark