Tree Arrays: putting XML in nested arrays

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 1 16:09:43 EST 2009

On Jan 1, 2009, at 2:13 PM, David Bovill wrote:

> Ah - OK. But this would only be one extra line and practically as
> fast:
>
> put theTreeA[root]["node_1"] into theNodeA
>
>> put theTreeA[@attributes][root]["node_1"] into theNodeA

But that wouldn't give you the same result. You would just have the
attributes in theNodeA but not the rest of the node contents. Using
your structure you have to combine your attributes node with the main
node to get all data into a single array. This means you can't pass
the node directly to a function call without first combining node and
it's attributes into a temp array and then passing it in.

It seems like you are working with much larger data sets and you want
to manipulate without knowing the structure ahead of time. I have no
such need hence the reason I have little concern for a structure
optimized for speed. I just want ease of use for my needs.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems