Gutenberg Reader

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:40:38 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Peter Brigham MD <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:

> MacBook 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.5.6, Rev Studio 3.0.0 build 750
>
> Peter,

I have MacBook Pro 17" 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.5.6, Rev Studio
3.0.0 build 750, and it's no go.

If I open the package contents and open each of the three .rev files they
basically open OK - some minor problem with stacks not finding one another.

I did though have a problem with the file "Gutenberg Reader" which has no
file extension. In the Finder it is reported as plain text, but when I
opened it in BBEdit it was gibberish - maybe encrypted? I have BBEdit set up
for Western (Mac OS Roman) so I tried a few of the other formats like UTF-8,
UTF-16.... etc, but still gibberish. I then closed the file, BBEdit asked if
I wanted to save the changes I made, I clicked "Don't Save", I then got a
dialog about some unprintable characters, which I dismissed, BBEdit then
crashed!

BBEdit is the most rock solid program I've ever used, it is the yardstick by
which I measure all others. If BBEdit is having trouble with the file
"Gutenberg Reader" maybe it's a lead.....

HTH