CGI database connection (mySQL)

SparkOut SparkOutYNY at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:13:55 EST 2009

Bom dia Andre, obrigado.

I've just about got there now I think - I narrowed it down to the external
settings, and have nobbled a script that Mark Waddingham gave to a user on
the Rev forum that I found, so that it sets the external path of the
templateStack, creates an empty stack, starts using that stack and so the
externals for the empty stack are available in the script. It wasn't working
before by simply setting the externals of "this" stack in the script at
runtime.
So the revdb library was eventually kicking in, and then I could call
Trevor's library to make my queries. First of all I was getting errors with
that even so, and I found that it was necessary to change "localhost" to
"127.0.0.1" in the connection parameters.
Got it going on WAMP, just trying a "safe" area on the live Linux web server
to make sure it will work there too.

Obrigado muito.