How to compare bettwen .rev file

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Feb 18 00:31:05 EST 2009

Joe, Tran,

Building on this - instead of counting characters, you could run the
scripts through md5Digest(). Using a hash value is a common approach
to detecting changes that works very well for almost all cases.

It all really depends on the level of changes you need to see - but if
it's just scripting changes, looping through all objects and comparing
their md5Digest() values is a good start. If you want more in-depth
analysis (for example tracking property changes to objects or the
formatting of text), it could be quite a bit more work.

Since there is no "true" version tracking / merging tool for Rev, it
also has a lot to do with your collaborative process. A few people
here have their own homegrown tools for versioning that work quite
well. For those accustomed to CVS / SVN it's not quite the same ball
game, but that's arguably a good thing =).

- Brian