Arrays and Custom Props

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 17 20:41:59 EST 2009

Kay C Lan wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Richard Gaskin
> <ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:
>> So while these various different parts are technically in the same file,
>> this is merely a clever trick of the legacy file system which still supports
>> resource forks.  As such, it's just one level of misdirection away from
>> being more or less the same as a bundle in terms of code and data being
>> separate.
>>
>> As I said, I have no clue on what's going on under the hood, so thanks for
> taking time to 'pop the bonnet' and explain what the 'half ball and svetzer
> valve' do. ;-)

Ah, but it's more than mere techie gadgetry:  Using Rev's built in
resource functions you not only have another means of accomplishing your
original goal, but indeed the very one AppleScript uses.

See the Dictionary:
getResources
getResource
setResource

Good for as long as Apple continues to support resource forks (I give it
until OS XI).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World