[OT] Rev + BBEdit

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Feb 17 16:35:13 EST 2009

On 2/17/09 2:58 PM, "Ben Rubinstein" <benr at cogapp.com> wrote:

> Ken Ray wrote:
>>> We already have two major editors in the Revolution world, plus the MC
>>> options.   Rather than putting more effort into creating a third, could we
>>> do
>>> better, as Robert suggested, to hook into all the work that's already gone
>>> into the external editors?
>>
>> We have that with the STS/MLXEditor:
>
> Does that implement BBEdit/TextMate's roundtrip mechanism?  I had it in my
> mind that it didn't, but I have to admit that I've not looked at it for a long
> time.

If you're talking about the ability for Rev to know that a script has been
edited by an external editor, then the answer is "yes". The plugin for Rev
exports the current script to a file, calls on the external text editor to
edit it, and then watches the file to see when the md5digest of the file
changes. When you save your changes in, say, TextMate, when you return to
Rev, the script is automatically re-inserted into the object whose script
you were editing if the md5digest changed.

If you meant something else, let me know...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/