Can a modal stack has a close box?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 17 13:30:28 EST 2009

stephen barncard wrote:
> Actually most users would click on the window to dismiss, if it's just a
> message before going on...Like the behavior of most 'about' screens.

That's what I thought too until recently. I thought the behavior was so
universal that I didn't think twice about putting a "close this stack"
handler into the card script of my (no-titlebar) About box. A Windows
customer got stuck, believed the whole app had frozen, couldn't get out,
force-quit the app, and reported a "critical" bug.

So we added an "OK" button at the bottom. Sigh.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com