Good looking examples of applications built with Revolution

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:18:27 EST 2009

Hi Ben,

Read Naturally was fully developed in Revolution
(www.readnaturally.com). I work for Read Naturally (that's the name of
the company as well as the name of our flagship product) as the
primary developer. I don't know that I would go so far as to say it
has "an impressive modern user interface", however, as it is
definitely due for a revamping in that area. But it is one example of
a very successful commercial product. Visit this page http://www.readnaturally.com/products/se2evalrequest.htm
  to download a fully functional evaluation.

Give me a holler if you have more questions.

Chris

On Feb 17, 2009, at 6:12 AM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> I know that this must be an FAQ, but I've not been able to find that
> handy list I'm looking for.
>
> It's that time again: considering what development approach to take
> on a new project, which requires a cross-platform well connected
> desktop app with a slick UI, for a wide consumer audience.
>
> The arguments about development efficiency of Rev are well
> understood; there's no doubt that Rev can do all the tasks that will
> be needed; the question mark over Rev, as compared to the other two
> routes being considered, is evidence of good looking, slick, user
> interfaces.  (A shocking indictment of my own work, of course, but
> then my work has always concentrated on functionality.)
>
> So, here's that question again: I'm looking for examples of actual
> applications (not just sample stacks, tool stacks etc), built in
> Rev, that can be pointed to as demonstrating that people have used
> Rev to distribute products with an impressive modern user
> interface.  I'm sure that they're out there - I just don't know where.
>
> Please send examples, links, or lists - whether your own work or
> others - either to me directly or to the list as you prefer.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> - Ben

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.