Arrays and Custom Props

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 16 17:11:02 EST 2009

Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Sorry all didn't make myself clear. The "oddity" was not that Mac apps
> are packages. The "oddity" is that the properties cannot be saved when
> you quit the app because they are (ostensibly) part of the executable.
> I believe that was the reason given for the fact that a revolution
> executable property set would not survive a quit and relaunch (when in
> fact an Applescript executable's properties are saved).

At the risk of pulpifying this long-dead horse, for clarity's sake I
don't believe it's the *executable• within an AppleScript applet bundle
that is being modified.  AFAIK that isn't possible in any UNIX-based system.

It would appear that these properties are stored in a data file within
the bundle (the .rsrc file?) and it's the data file that's being
modified, just as one can do with any non-standalone Rev stack.

With regard to self-modification, Rev has no limitations not imposed on
any other app by the OS itself.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World