McAfee virus detection deletes valid file

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 05:37:14 EST 2009

Hiya,

Is this the Enterprise version of McAfee? I'm not sure if the same
applies to the consumer versions:

In the On-Access Scan Properties you can set an exception in the
ScriptScan tab.
Failing that, you can tell it to exclude scanning a specific folder
(where the actions and the script reside).

If it's the Enterprise version then ePO can push the exception/s to
all users, so you don't have to change each one individually.

If the above doesn't help it may be that the security settings in an
Office app are triggering McAfee.

Cheers,

Luis.