AW: Where to put an ini file on Win with write access for all users?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Feb 16 03:07:43 EST 2009

Hi Jim,
very enlightening, but still some follow up questions :)

I know the word legacy, but am not sure, what is a legacy file?

What makes Vista to recognize my Ini.xml as a legacy file, could I give it
another name or dir (and being accessed by all users) to not being a legacy
file and being virtualized? - Your proposal to use the registry is right now
a too big redesign for me.

What you told about SQLite, happens by the way also with my Valentina db.
Right now, I just need read only, but I wouldn't know what to do with
read/write and virtualization of the db....

Thanks for your valuable coaching!
Tiemo