McAfee virus detection deletes valid file

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 15 23:35:56 EST 2009

I am working with a developer who has written a custom VBA module for XP
and Vista. McAfee identifies this module as a virus and deletes it,
which renders a large part of our software useless. The module does
create and delete some temporary files, and also sends a shell command
that launches our Rev app. We don't know if either of these things makes
a difference.

Does anyone know what McAfee might be looking for, and how to avoid its
false positive? Norton's ignores the module correctly.

We are supposed to send this out in the next couple of days, so any help
would be much appreciated.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com