Populating ListMagic lists (was:RE: ListMagic calculated columns)

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Fri Feb 13 12:40:17 EST 2009

Hi William,

I just realized you sent two similar emails to me off list and one to the
list. So I'll repeat my answer here that I sent you off list, in case anyone
else is seeing the problem.

I haven't been able to duplicate the issue you report. Is the card with the
widget you are populating in the same stack, a substack, or another main
stack? What version of Rev are you using? Are you on PC or Mac?

I created a button with the following script:

ON mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    local tList
    -----
    put "First Name" & tab & "Last Name" & cr & \
            "Joe" & tab & "Smith" & cr & \
            "Mary" & tab & "Jones" & cr into tList
    -----
    -- Next line populates an LM list in another card in the same stack
    LMPopulate tList,the long id of fld "Customers" of card "Sales"
    -----
    -- Next line populates an LM list in another card of another main stack
called CustStack
    LMPopulate tList,the long id of fld "Customers" of card "Sales" of stack
"CustStack"
END mouseUp

Neither gave me the error you report and worked as expected. Can you make
sure you have the latest 1.1 version of ListMagic from here:

http://downloads.runrev.com/revselect/ListMagic1.1.zip

Also, I don't see a flash.

Thanks and let me know if you are doing something differently.

Jim Bufalini