Addressing Hardware - particularly usb port

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Thu Feb 12 16:49:38 EST 2009

P.S. - Here's how I send a command to the device after the
"myDeviceNames" function tells me which devices are available:

global gCurrentDevice

on mouseUp
   -- locate the device driver
   put myDeviceNames() into tDevice
   filter tDevice with "usbmodem*"
   if tDevice = empty then
      answer "Can't find device."
      exit to top
   end if

   if the number of lines in tDevice > 1 then
      answer "Multiple device drivers!" & cr & tDevice
      exit to top
   end if

   put (item 3 of tDevice) into gCurrentDevice
   open driver gCurrentDevice for update
   put the result into fld "result"
   write tMyCommand & cr to driver gCurrentDevice -- be sure the CR is
there!
   put the result into fld "result"
end mouseUp

--