[semi OT] Rev cgi and php

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Thu Feb 12 11:21:33 EST 2009

Hi list,

I have a Rev cgi script that is called from a webpage via XMLHttpRequest

and the POST method and that outputs xml data.

Now I'm trying to launch that script from a php script on the same Linux
server.
I found several methods to do that on the web, but my choice is quite
limited
since the server runs php 4.3 which is too old for some recent php
functions...

Nevertheless, I managed to launch that cgi script, although I can't
manage to
send POST data to it... Whatever I try, $REQUEST_METHOD contains GET
and all parameters are ignored...
OTOH when I use the GET method, $QUERY_STRING contains the right
parameters passed to the script...

As this is semi-OT and as I don't want to clutter the list with php
code, may I
ask php experts to contact me off-list with usefull and brilliant
suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,
JB