Need suggestions from the masters :)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 14:54:01 EST 2009

Hi Weslyn,
I'm not sure I completely understand your questions.  But before you
conclude that you need a SQL database of any kind, if speed is really your
concern you are better to consider in-memory data structures.  I believe you
will find that data structures such as Revolution arrays (also known as
dictionaries) will be as much as 100x faster in searching for information.
The best thing to do to test the feasibility of your idea is to work out how
many users you want to accommodate and then populate Rev arrays and do some
searches to check that you get the results you want back and in a reasonable
time period.  Then do the same thing with e.g. MySQL and check that it is
fast enough.

As far as I know Valentina is not a networked database server, unless you
buy a specific server version of Valentina.  That means with the Valentina
ADK you would have to house the database on the same server where Rev is
running.

There are people on this list who know Valentina well.  Perhaps if you can
elaborate on what you are asking, they will answer your questions to say
whether or not an in-process or networked version of Valentina would do what
you want.

Bernard