Rev DB errors

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:31:11 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>wrote:

> I found that the result returned by a faulty
> call to revExecuteSQL, did NOT include either "revdberr" or "syntax
> error", but just a text description of the error.

This appears to along the same lines as Shao Sean's post "issues with rev
comparing a returned string" 30 Jan, where he wrote the following script was
not giving the expected results:

put revDataFromQuery(TAB, LF, tConnID, tSQL) into tColumnInfo
if (tColumnInfo contains "revdberr") then
 put tColumnInfo
end if

Your current experience would suggest that in certain circumstances errors
do not post "revdberr" to the result so the 'then' structure is never
entered.

This will certainly make error trapping far more laborious :-(