Script to change Desktop Image / Wallpaper

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:15:31 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:25 AM, David Bovill <david at architex.tv> wrote:
> I'm thinking of writing something that would change the Desktop image - the
> need at the moment is to do it just on Windows XP machines. Just looking
> into how hard this would be to do - has anyone done this - can't see an
> entry in the list - is the only thing needed to change the Windows Registry?
> Never messed with that before :)

My Pic-a-POD program <http://www.troz.net/Pic-a-POD/index.html> does
this. It uses Trevor's QT external to convert the picture to bmp and
then Shao Sean's external to set the desktop. I only have the Mac
version on this computer, but if you download the Windows version,
it's About contains links to both those externals.

Cheers,
Sarah