Dynamic labels for buttons with (oddshaped) icon images?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Feb 5 16:33:09 EST 2009

Hi Jacqueline,

> Klaus Major wrote:
>> Hi Jaquelin,

>>> Actually, if you jiggle the top and bottom margin settings of the
>>> button, you can achieve this.
>> Hmm, "jiggling" does not sound too professional to me :-D
>> Actually one has to visually check the results for each different
>> image, which make this "option" quite useless.
>
> True. But if the engine calculated and provided for a vertically
> centered name, you'd get the same results. So you'd have to "jiggle"
> some more anyway. :)

Maybe, but when you habve a button with no icon, that name/labe is
exactly in the center of the button.
And it stays there whenever you resize the button.

If you have a button with an icon and "showname" = false, the icon is
also exactly in the center of the button.
And it also stays there whenever you resize the button.

Maybe I'm thinking  a bit naive, but why shouldn't it then be possible
(for the engine) to combine these two
"states" and the result would be "the label on top of the icon" :-)

> --

Best

Klaus

--