convert to lower ascii 128?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 19:11:55 EST 2009

Craig  wrote:
>I have
> worked with the "Filter" command (very cool) and its "special characters", as
> they
> are called in the docs. Same deal? [with RegEx]

Wild cards used in the Filter command are not the same thing as RegEx.

Basically, the RegEx engine in Rev is the same as the industry standard PCRE
( Perl Compatible Regular Expressions
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcre)

 that is used by BBEdit, and documented on many websites, such as

http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

It can get pretty intricate and complicated, but it is fun to solve the
puzzles.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas