Another SQL question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 06:19:33 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> Wow! Not in my reference manual it's not. 11.2 is "Numeric Types". But then
> I downloaded the PDF manual. Seems that it is either out of date or not
> "exactly" correct. I also searched for IN() in the manual and came up with
> squadouch.

In my 5.0.4 pdf version it appears on page 591 under Chap 12 Functions and
Operators, 12.1.3 Comparison Functions.

The entry is:

 expr IN (value,...)

If you are using Preview on OSX you need to type the above in quotes into
the search field and uncheck the box "Group by Section", otherwise, without
quotes you'll get a bunch of useless hits, and if you leave the Group by
section box ticked, it will take you to page one of Section 12.1.3 which is
not where the info you're looking for is at.

Also typing " in()" into the search field, noting the space before the i,
quoting the selection and unchecking Group by section, yields half a dozen
results of which the first 3 are useful and the last 3 are just references
to bug fixes to IN()

HTH