Import temperature and switch on/off the heater with Rev

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Wed Feb 4 01:29:00 EST 2009

You could probably do it with X10 devices.  I used to control X10
devices with OS 8.6.  They
were controlled from the serial port but the new device is USB.  I am
writing a stack that will
control the serial and USB ports but haven't been working on it for a
few months.  I was able
to configure the ports and do some serial port stuff with the modem
but haven't done much
with the usb port yet.  The older X10 took commands in a binary
format if I remember and I
haven't done enough to see how the new X10 devices are controlled but
they've changed
the format.  I have written some code for Revolution to convert
between binary, ascii, hex &
numeric that I posted in the Scripters Scrapbook online section.  I
did find a program that is
for the Mac that controls X10 devices so I know it can be done but it
may need a driver to
be written so you can do it with Revolution.  Until I figure out what
type of info needs to be
sent to the USB device I won't be able to test it without a driver to
be sure if it needs one to
be written or not.  If you can figure out how to control an external
serial device from Rev the
old device could be used instead of the new USB one.

-=>JB<=-