OT: what are the components of a standard Mac install?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Feb 3 07:59:25 EST 2009

Hello,

coming from the windows world, I am not really aware, what a "standard"
setup on a Mac has to do. I know, there are tools like PackageMaker, but I
would like to know, what a Mac User usually expects, when he inserts a CD -
and what of that PackerMacker would provide and what not. What does a
installer like PackageMaker do anything else, than just copying the whole CD
on HD? How does a Mac User deinstalls his progs, I havn't seen yet a
deinstall of any prog?

Perhaps someone could point me to a link to the necessaries of a Mac install
/deinstall.

Thanks for any hint

Tiemo