When should cmd-period work?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 2 16:44:22 EST 2009

I accidentally wrote a handler that called another handler that called
the first one, which called the second one, which called the first one,
which...you know, like that. It wasn't really recursion because each
handler did a finite set of actions and didn't depend on the other. At
any rate, there was no recursion warning.

What it looked like from the outside was that Rev had become
unresponsive, though the cursor moved. No spinning beach ball, no
colored pizza, just the regular arrow, but clicking on anything failed
and the OS X dock had "Force Quit" in its menu. It took me several
force-quits before I figured out the problem was ID10T error.

The allowInterrupts was true, but command-period didn't intercept it.
Should it have? I wonder if that's even possible, since from the
script's point of view there was nothing wrong. It was doing exactly
what I told it to.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com