chat and socket

Serge Brami sbrami at noos.fr
Sun Feb 1 08:18:21 EST 2009

I want to create une simple Chat application between  2 users in a
LOCAL NETWORK

For that I create 2 stacks  one  for each user

I create fields to store the messages to be sent and to be received
I create controls to Open and close socketsocket

I can create control  to write to socket  (for sending messages)

But How to receive the messages ?
Yes i can create a button for reading from socket , but I want  to
receive automatically the messages that have been sent

It would be possible using an Idle handler ( on idle ,read from socket
-end idle) but this would slow down my application

Is there another way

Thanks for help

Serge BRAMI