Opening a doc in a cd or fld

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Dec 31 13:21:03 EST 2009

Le 31 déc. 09 à 18:53, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

> Thanks, this opens it up In it own window, my question if I could
> open in a
> rev stack?
> Hershel

I think it is not possible to open a document.doc, pdf etc in a stack,
strickly speaking.

What is possible is to import the text of the document in a field of
the stack

See "read from file" in the dictionnary.

This command allow something like the following :

-- assume one stack "theStack" has a field "theField" and a document
"theDocument.doc" in the same folder

       put the filename of stack "theStack" into tVar
     set the itemdel to "/"
     put "theDocument.doc" into last item of tVar
        open file tVar for read
      read from file tVar at 1 until EOF -- this pick up the whole text
      put it into fld "theField"
    close file tVar

André