Pointers to Quicktime videos in Revlets

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 14:12:58 EST 2009

On 25/12/2009 20:18, Tim Lambert wrote:
> Hi
> Could anyone point me to a 'How-to' to get QT vids to play from an uploaded revlet? The vids are in the same folder as the uploaded Revlet, but nowr happens.

I wrote:

"Well, unless they are socking-great "memory suckers" I would
be inclined to embed them as one would in a 'normal'
standalone. . ."

too soon, i fear!

Just embedded a movie of my older son "moshing" on his base guitar with
friends and hived-off a revlet:

No joy (mind you, his teenage music doesn't give me exactly 'joy' anyway);

On both Safari 4 and Firefox (Mac PPC) I heard the noise (err . . .
'music'),
but no picture at all.

Tried a stack with an externally referenced movie:

play "Volumes/HD3/Fixation.mov" at 500,350

nothing doing, even in the stack . . .

however, by choosing a Quicktime Player and setting its Source via the
preference palette the stack 'behaves' . . .

now, let's see what happens if I hive-off a revlet:

Well, well, well . . .

(and this is strictly local - not from a distant server)

revet loads with first frame of the movie (8.7 MB movie) and
control bar; and then I end up with everybody's favourite
spinning ball and the browsers cannot cope.