HC convert: help with text as graphic or rotated text

Emmett Gray film2 at handheldfilm.com
Thu Dec 24 12:13:04 EST 2009

I'm new to the list and this is my first post. I've done my first
successful stack conversion from Hypercard so I'm up to speed on the
basics. My next conversion project involves a custom CD C-card
printer, which converts a CD premaster text file (with pq codes etc.)
into what you want to see on the back of a CD jewel box sent for
review or duplication. The HC stack copies the album title text,
which appears in a field at the top of the back panel, and deletes
the existing card picture, hides all fields and buttons, types that
text as a graphic, draws a selection box around it and rotates it 90
degrees and positions it to form one spine of the CD,, and then
duplicates and rotates 180 degrees and positions it for the other
spine, then shows all fields and buttons again.

If there is a way to rotate text in Rev I would have an easy
solution. I didn't find it, nor can I find a text as graphic tool in
Rev to do it the HC way... TIA for help.