Plus sign in menu

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Dec 22 17:06:35 EST 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 1:33 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Devin Asay wrote:
>> I'm building an app in which I want to use this same approach, but
>> if I
>> set the shortcut key to Cmd and plus sign, the plus sign shows up
>> in the
>> menu alright, but I have to use Cmd-Shift-plus key to activate it.
>> If I
>> change the shortcut to Cmd and equal sign, the shortcut works the
>> way I
>> want, but the equal sign appears in the menu, not the plus sign.
>> Anyone
>> know how to trick the Rev menu routines so that a Cmd-equal appears
>> as a
>> Cmd-plus in the menu?
>
> Maybe the new menu tagging option would work. See "menu-item
> tagging" in
> the engine change log. I think you could use a hyphen as the tag and
> the
> plus as the accelerator:

Good suggestion, Jacque, but that didn't do it. Adding a tag just
makes it so the menuPick message sends the tag as the parameter rather
than the text of the menu item.

I'm thinking about a workaround now where I use Cmd = as the
accelerator, but handler Cmd + in a separate handler.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University