[OT] Politically Incorrect - Sorry List Mum

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Dec 19 20:02:07 EST 2009

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Kay C Lan wrote:
>> I would hope the
>> world would become more like this List, blind to race, creed, sex,
>> religion,
>> political bent or whacky opinion.
>
> This is so well said. I add my best wishes to everyone on this list.
> It's so much like home here and I'm so fond of you all.

Echo that from Kauai's Hindu Monastery.

There is so much talk about interfaith, We are part of  the local
"Interfaith Roundtable of Kauai" and a team from Hinduism Today has just
returned from the Parliament of the World's Religions in Australia. It
was considered such a big deal. In reality, on the ground, outside of
conferences, or meetings, there is not much collaboration or real dialog
or "co-creation." I've often wished I could go to a RunRev Live
conference just to say that, romantic as it sounds, that this list
despite being all about code and a niche software application,
fulfills,  in a microcosmic way, the higher objectives we would all
wish  for humanity as a whole: people working together, regardless of
differences, to help each other and create a better world. Some people
talk about it, RunRev Revolutionaries do their best to actually do it.
And it is happening not only here but on many internet collaboration
sites. (If you were a draftsman using VectorWorks you would find another
such community.)  The "digital fires" of software development is helping
to melt down the icy walls put up by those of a by-gone age.

Wishing everyone the best for the solstice (very special this year as
there is a conjunction of the earth with the sun and the galactic
center) and a joyful prosperous 2010.

Sivakatirswami