Data Grid deployment question

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Dec 18 18:48:46 EST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

>>> revDataGridLibrary is not a library stack. It just needs to be in memory.
>>
>> So, would one of these be better?
>>
>> go invisible stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"?
>>
>> or just
>>
>> open stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"?
>
> I prefer:
>
> put there is a stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev" into theStackIsNowInMemory
>
> This loads the stack without issuing any messages to it or opening it.

Interesting... will Rev also find the stack if it's not a substack (as you suggested)? In this case we would need the local filepath I assume?

>>> No. You need to load the stack in memory before your stack that has the data grid is opened in memory. At least that is what I've seen in my tests.
>>
>> It seems to be working now with "start using" in preOpenStack... are there any problems we should be looking out for in particular? Or is it as simple as the data grid just won't work?
>
> The Data Grid will not work. If you have everything working then you are good to go (just switch to loading the stack in memory rather than using it as a library).

Thanks.

So the difference (this question for anybody I guess) between

1. put there is a stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev" into theStackIsNowInMemory

and

2. start using

is that #1 doesn't open it so it's more memory-efficient?