Data Grid deployment question

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu Dec 17 16:16:43 EST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Josh Mellicker wrote:
>
>>> b) Include the revDataGridLibrary.rev stack as a stack file in your application distribution. You need load this stack in memory before ANY of your application stacks open up or the behavior property of the Data Grid's won't resolve properly.
>>
>> If we say:
>>
>> start using stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"
>
> revDataGridLibrary is not a library stack. It just needs to be in memory.

So, would one of these be better?

go invisible stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"?

or just

open stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"?

>> in the PreOpenStack of the stack that has a data grid, is that acceptable?
>
> No. You need to load the stack in memory before your stack that has the data grid is opened in memory. At least that is what I've seen in my tests.

It seems to be working now with "start using" in preOpenStack... are there any problems we should be looking out for in particular? Or is it as simple as the data grid just won't work?