HTMLText question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 22:51:06 EST 2009

Craig,

one further observation. If the field already contains formatted text, ie
bold or coloured, doing what you are doing would set everything back to
plain text except for word 2 so in most cases (but I accept not all) you'd
want to do deal with htmlText exclusively:

put the htmlText of fld "myField" into tHtml --not the plain text
set the htmlText of fld "myField to tHtml

Of course one case where you would one to swap from one to the other is if
you want to strip HTML tags. Set the htmlText of a field to a html file,
then put the field into a Var, most of the html is then nicely stripped for
you :-)

HTH