regex question in matchChunk function

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 15 17:35:06 EST 2009

Chris Sheffield wrote:
> I am not very familiar with regular expressions, and I'm wondering if
> someone more knowledgeable could give me a hint as to how to
> accomplish this.
>
> Given a passage of text, I need to find every instance of certain
> words within that text and draw a box around them.

All I can think of is to grab the text block and use a series of
"replace" commands to replace each punctuation type with a space. That
should still retain your word boundaries and relative character
positions. After that, use regex to get the word boundaries. Presumably
you won't have to box the punctuation.

Ugly, but might work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com