How to prevent unlocking the screen

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Tue Dec 15 06:45:43 EST 2009

Thanks, Mark. Works for almost everything, except for a copy of a picture (I have the original picture hidden and resized in the background, and a visible copy of it to work on). I tried two solutions

1) resize the original picture and recopy it in my changeStackSize command:

command changeStackSize
   lock screen
   -- (computes and sets the new size)
   resetpicture -- (resizes the original picture and recopy it)
end changeStackSize

The picture is not resized... why ?

2) catch the resizeStack message and resize the picture from there

command changeStackSize
   lock screen
   -- (computes and sets the new size)
end changeStackSize

on resizeStack
   lock screen
   revupdateGeometry
   resetpicture - (resizes the original picture and recopy it)
end resizeStack

the picture is resized OK, but you see the two successive steps on the screen...
Needless to say that resetpicture is the same in both cases...

Jacques

Le 15 déc. 2009 à 11:38, Mark Schonewille a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> Lock screen, change stack size, change content, unlock screen. This should give acceptable results. This is a script, which I use in a project of mine:
>
>     revChangeWindowSize the width of this stack,the cNewHeight of cd "Destination Card","Slide",,100
>     lock screen
>     go cd "A different card"
>     resizeStack // update contents here
>     unlock screen with visual effect dissolve very fast
>
> (mind line wraps, if any)

Prof. Jacques Hausser
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Biophore / Sorge