Rev compress, cgi, php, zip

David Beck david_beck at rotundasoftware.com
Fri Dec 11 12:38:15 EST 2009

Hi Jim,

In order to decompress data in PHP that was compressed using Rev you
need to strip a few bytes off the start of the data:

    $decompressedData = gzinflate( substr( $dataCompressedWithRev , 10 )
);

However I have not been able to figure out how to go the other way, that
is, decompressing data with Rev that was compressed with PHP. If you do
determine how to do this please let me know.

Also, you might find the callPHP library I posted a few weeks ago
useful, which allows PHP functions to be called from Rev stacks or, I
would imagine, an on-Rev script, although I have not worked with on-Rev.
The library is open source so feel free to use it directly or strip it
for parts. You can download it from:

http://www.rotundasoftware.com/rev/callPHP.html

Hope that helps,

David Beck