revWebInstaller - Start button is not enabled

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Wed Dec 9 19:03:59 EST 2009

Written by Sarah Reichelt on Wed Dec 9, 2009 - 5:27 PM CST
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Mark Stuart <mstuart at adaptcrm.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
> Platform: WinXP SP3
> Browser: IE 8
>
> 1) What do I need to do to get the "Start" button enabled on the
> revWebInstaller?
> I have ALL programs closed, including all browsers.
> I have set the Firewall to Off. And I've added a Firewall exception
for
> the revWebInstaller.exe, just in case.
>
> Previous versions of the installer did enable the Start button.
> Also, previous versions did install the revWebBrowser, but the
> plugin" message always appears in the browser.

I had this problem on my Mac with Safari. It kept telling me to close
all browsers when I already had. In the end I checked Activity Monitor
and found Safari was still running invisibly and had to force quit it.
Then I could install the plugin. So I suggest checking your Task
Manager and making sure there are no browsers lurking in the open
processes.
HTH,
Sarah
<<

Hi Sarah,
1) That was indeed the problem. I noticed that revWebPlayer.exe was
loaded as well as iexplorer.exe.
I stopped the process on both of them, but iexplorer.exe kept on coming
back. ???
So I stopped iexplorer and quickly started revWebInstaller. It started
and the Start button was enabled.
Clicked it, and it installed successfully.

2) The plugin is FINALLY working in IE8 on my work computer - yahoo!.
This morning I played around with the Firewall by adding exceptions to
the following files:
nprevweb.dll
revWebInstaller.exe
revWebPlayer.exe