revWebInstaller - Start button is not enabled

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:27:52 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Mark Stuart <mstuart at adaptcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Platform: WinXP SP3
> Browser: IE 8
>
> 1) What do I need to do to get the "Start" button enabled on the
> revWebInstaller?
> I have ALL programs closed, including all browsers.
> I have set the Firewall to Off. And I've added a Firewall exception for
> the revWebInstaller.exe, just in case.
>
> Previous versions of the installer did enable the Start button.
> Also, previous versions did install the revWebBrowser, but the "Loading
> plugin" message always appears in the browser.

I had this problem on my Mac with Safari. It kept telling me to close
all browsers when I already had. In the end I checked Activity Monitor
and found Safari was still running invisibly and had to force quit it.
Then I could install the plugin. So I suggest checking your Task
Manager and making sure there are no browsers lurking in the open
processes.

HTH,
Sarah