bitXor 8 bytes of data

Neil Allan neil at yippo.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 14:48:51 EST 2009

After some deep thought today, I achieved my desired goal by xoring each
individual byte. I could swear I tried this before, but anyhoo it's working
now!

put byte 5 to 12 of tPointData into tEncLat -- read out lats, lons and keys
from 129 bytes of tPointData

put byte 13 to 20 of tPointData into tEncLon

put Byte 127 of tPointData into tKey1 -- get Encryption bytes from
tPointData

put byte 128 of tPointData into tKey2

put byte 129 of tPointData into tKey3

etcetera...

-- decrypt lat

replace byte 4 of tEncLat with numToByte((byteToNum(byte 4 of tEncLat)
bitXor (byteToNum(tKey1)))) in tEncLat

replace byte 5 of tEncLat with numToByte((byteToNum(byte 5 of tEncLat)
bitXor (byteToNum(tKey2)))) in tEncLat

replace byte 6 of tEncLat with numToByte((byteToNum(byte 6 of tEncLat)
bitXor (byteToNum(tKey3)))) in tEncLat

Thanks anyway, I was starting to panic after promising an alpha before
Christmas!!

Regards

Neil