Trapping the Command key combination which already has use like "Command N"

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Wed Dec 9 14:37:20 EST 2009

I have a trap in the background script of my main stack which makes a
special new card like process (but not the one in the I.D.E.) when someone
types "Command N". This works when I'm in that stack and mysteriously works
in the substacks usually but occasionally I get a new card instead of the
special routine it is supposed to do.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I have the special "Command N"
command in the script of every single card or in the background of every
single substack? Should I have some kind of "pass the command key when it is
command n" thing in the script?

Thanks.