Uploading data with a revlet (Was: Re: Is it possible to change the revlet embed html?)

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Dec 8 13:10:25 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Dom wrote:

> Dom <mcdomi at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> *another question: is the revlet capable of writing data onto the
>> _client_ machine?
>

> I reply to my question:
>
> see the excellent page from revLessons about that ;-)))
>
> <http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/784/lessons/6998-Uploa
> ding-a-file-using-FTP>
>
> it seems that uploading via http is not allowed
> -- so we have to resort to ftp
>
> The example given by Ben runs nicely :-)
> I will test this on a revlet...
>
> My concern is that an user name plus a password are given in order to
> ensure the ftp to the server -- is it possible to another person to peek
> at those parameters?
>
> Or is it better to do an anonymous ftp??

Hi Dom,

Many hosted web accounts these days do not allow anonymous FTP.  If yours does then that may be the way to go.  Since we do not have sFTP then your password and other login parameters are being sent unprotected.  You are vulnerable to man in the middle attacks.  If this app is used where security is required by your clients then this can cause a problem for you on the marketing end.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com