OT: Panorama software

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:08:42 EST 2009

I've had great results from Hugin but have never attempted to do 360°
overhead.

As with everything, experience makes a difference. Hand held, rough-eyed
overlap sometimes worked with the 'auto' function of Hugin, but most times
had to hand pick the 'control points', and some times would have to start
all over the end product was so unusable. With a tripod and and allowing
generous 1/3 screen overlaps, the auto function invariable worked and the
results were perfect for my non-commercial requirements. YMMV.

For taking single shot 360 panoramas one of these are pretty cool, but
expensive:

http://www.0-360.com/index.asp#Optic

HTH