Importing data into RevDB

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:26:06 EST 2009

>Be careful if there are embedded commas inside each quoted section. It
>will fail for cases like this:
>
>"one","two,three","four"

Ouch!
The test files I've been working with are chock full of such.

The data comes for numerous sources, going back something like ten years, having been produced by different business systems, different operating systems, as well as manual input by a large number of people. Some it appears have been pasted as complete HTML pages (including header data, div's and such) and I believe even a bunch of the data was copied and pasted directly from PDF. Bottom line is that's it's full of garbage that will need to be accounted for...

Thanks for the heads up Jacque.
<sigh.. shaking head>

Best regards,
David C.