Importing data into RevDB

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:46:37 EST 2009

Hello folks,
I'm in the planning stages of a possible new app which will include populating a Rev Database (SQLite) primarily from a standard Excel based CSV file. What I've run into while doing some research is that that format seems leaves a lot to be desired. It seems that the CSV data that I'll be working with has all kinds of spurious line breaks and such embedded, so converting to a tab delimited format doesn't work well.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make something like this reliable as far as maintaining record integrity during import?

Best regards,
David C.