generic.email.30022 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:39:07 EST 2009
I thought I would like to write a tText plugin that would execute the script being edited and put the output into another tab.
I didn't see a way to retrieve the full path of the file currently being edited.
So the flow would be something like this:
1) Get the full path to the file
2) see if it is executable
3) If yes, then execute the file and put output into new tab and exit
4) if no, parse first line for #!/path/to/binary
5) if binary found, then execute the binary with the file as a parameter and put output into new tab and exit
6) if no, answer with helpful text, then exit
Anyway, that was the idea.
More information about the Use-livecode