Interesting blog post - comments anyone?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 1 01:17:01 EST 2009

Recently, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Scott Rossi wrote
>>  Rev has been around for years now --
>> I think it's quite capable of standing on its own, without the crutch of a
>> bygone development tool to prop it up.
>>
> But comments by those ignorant of the history imply that revTalk is a
> new kid on the block and will come and go like so many others.

I wasn't referring to history, I was stating my belief that comparing Rev to
a long dead application (Hypercard) does not convey adoption, currency, or
relevance to me.

> Is there no value in making it clear that xTalk as a tool (regardless of
> the IDE wrapper, HC, Supercard MC etc.) is as old as the Personal
> Computing Revolution itself?

If you have to inform people of the history, I'd say the history has little
value.  People want to know 1) What can they do with it, and 2) How many
people are using it, in an effort to determine 3) Is it worth their time and
effort to invest in it.

Comparing Rev to something that is discontinued and unsupported doesn't
substantiate any of the above.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director