Backdrop hiding standalone window

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 11:05:39 EDT 2009

Just get rid of the backdrop: more trouble than it's worth and can
really cheese-off end-users who may want to access stuff on their
desktop at the same time as your app is running.

OR, if you really feel the urge to have some sort of backdrop
use a vast substack with a neutral colour/texture that gets "pushed"
to the back when it is opened; make sure it stays there even when
end-users click on it:

http://mathewson.110mb.com/FILEZ/Backdrop-O-Matic.rev.zip