Launch another app from my standalone

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Sun Aug 30 06:34:10 EDT 2009

Jim,
Double spacing works for me.
I don't want to give an explicit full pathname because someone else
(user) will be saving the Folder
(containing all the exe's for use) and I cannot guarantee it will be
in the path I might specify.
Thought I could save requiring full pathname by the use of the docs
example:

set the defaultFolder to it
launch "MyProgram.exe"
launch it

So are the docs are really incomplete by not giving a full contextual
example.
Does the code need to be:
put defaultFolder into tOrigDefaultFolder
set the defaultFolder --(what do I put here as the actual directory if
its not a full pathname?)
launch "MyProgram.exe"
set the tOrigDefaultFolder

If so, do I still need to specify a full pathname, or can I somehow
refer to the defaultFolder

Thanks,
Adrian